Sunday, January 20, 2013

Teaching Tool Using C. R.A.P. (design elements)


For this assignment, I used clip art graphics to create a collage poster for the five senses. I wanted the design clean and basic, making it appropriate for the elementary and middle school classrooms. The way I utilized contrast was to create soft edges on the clipart, and giving it a soft glow of color instead of hard lines. I was trying to be clever in my repetition. At the top of the poster, I represented the 5 senses in pictures, and underneath the five senses are given in word form. At the bottom is the title, so actually you get 3 doses of the main idea. Because many people are visual learners, I decided to align my poster from top to bottom with the pictures at the very top. The words are aligned in the center, but I changed the sizes of the words so that your eye would fall to the title of the poster at the bottom. This is leading to my proximity decision of clustering the photos together, then flowing my words together away from the photos. I created the main section of my poster with the postermywall app, and put that over a background frame in Microsoft word. I also signed my digital signature in the upper right hand corner in case anyone was wondering what that mark of red was.


Citation for used clipart:
Microsoft Office (2010)[Computer Software]. Redmond, WA: Microsoft
(APA style does not require a citation for use of clipart, but does recommend that you credit the software when you make a handout)

No comments:

Post a Comment