Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Visit from Lamar University!

Friday, (1-18-2013) I was happy to host 2 Lamar University Professors at my school, W.R. Smith Sr. Science & Medical Technology Middle School.
 Dr. K. Abernathy (EDLD prof) and Dr. D. Sisk (Conn Chair for GT studies) came to see what technology we were adapting in our 1:1 implementation of iPads for students. My school is the first in Beaumont ISD (TX) to attempt this thanks to receiving the TIPPS grant from the state. I got a chance to update the good doctors on my action plan (creating and sustaining a teacher training program for implementing technology in the classroom). Our new additions for every classroom include SMARTboards, digital projectors with HDMI, LadiBug Document cams (dc125), teacher ipads and 550 student iPads. The school also purchased 3 HDMI monitors to create and run an in-school informational stream and student newscast.
Picture is me (the tall one in the back), Dr. Abernathy (right), Jimica Smith (center) [7th grade magnet student] and  Dr. Sisk (left) in the Range Room (my office & teacher training room at Smith MS).

No comments:

Post a Comment